Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday, Monday

Our Monday went so much better than expected! The rain didn't come, the sun came out,and we spent the day outside. We rented bikes and rode around the lake some. We only went about five kilometers, but we rode out to a crepe shop Sean had found. The crepes there were amazing. And the best part was they had gluten free buckwheat crepes,so Sean could have crepes too! YAY! The scenery is just amazing. These French Alps are huge! And gorgeous. Then we wandered through town on our walk back, stopping for chocolate, wine, and cheese (my dinner is complete):) We found out that the boat tours around the lake continue rain or shine, so we have a rain plan for tomorrow if it's needed. I braved my way through the laundromat, the grocery, the pharmacy, and the chocolatier today, speaking really bad French, but getting what I needed. I absolutely love the town of Annency. I love the scenery, the mountains, the parks, the walking/biking culture, and the markets. I am sure that Paris will be an adventure in and of itself, but I really love this town!

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog. The last travel blogs I got were from a certain son who went to China and reported being served such things as soup with bits of lung in it.

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. If someone gave me soup like that, I would not be telling anybody!

    ReplyDelete