Saturday, September 3, 2011
The travel was long but very good. My first flight was from Shreveport to Houston. Then from Houston to Newark-Liberty airport.
I met Alicia and family there. We got to eat hang out and visit until time to load the plane for Geneva Switzerland. We did load the plane and sit on the runway for an hour. That seems to be not an uncommon thing with international flights. The airplane was larger than any plane I have ever been on. It had 2 rows of 2 seats on each side of the plane. With rows of 3 seats in the center. It even had 2 bathrooms!! Our flight was around 7 hours. They served us dinner and beverages. Alicia and I enjoyed a glass of wine. Yes mom I took a picture of our toast just for you. ;) We arrived early in the morning around 7:00 am. Not on my bodies time clock. This Louisiana lady had been awake since 3:00 am the morning before. It was around 2:00 back at home. As I mentioned in a few of my Facebook posts I am 6 hours ahead of y'all!! We went to claim luggage had to venture through customs. We then awaited in a wonderful restaurant in the airport for time to catch our bus. The Coffee here in Europe is amazing!!! We had a hour and a half bus ride into Annecy. I took pictures it is beautiful!! The weather has been perfect! Sunny and 70's!! We waited at a park a few blocks from our apartment we are staying at until check in time. I posted a few pictures on Facebook! I have many photos on my camera. I haven't started to even think about uploading them yet. I may wait until I get home and create a whole album. It is ALOT easier to take with my phone and upload. We went to bed early last night! We awoke this morning around 9:00. We went to market! They believe in fresh everything here. Fresh bread, pasta, cheese, fruits, vegetables. As long as I speak Bonjour then smile. They appreciate you trying to speak the language. They love perfumes and smelling nice. They walk and bike everywhere here!! They have parks all over the place. Everyone sits in the parks and visits. I hope to blog more later. The Paley kids are having a blast! I am so beyond blessed to be here in France with my sister and her family, I love you all and miss you back at home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment