It’s been a long time since I
last posted so this is going to take a while.
The drive to Carcassonne wasn’t that bad. It
was about six hours long but we stopped at the Pont du Gard, which was about
halfway there.
The
Pont du Gard was ENORMOUS! It took about three minutes to walk from the
entrance to there, (at my moms pace, slow) and even I was impressed, which
doesn’t happen often. The three arches together reached about a hundred
something feet and it was about 150-175 feet long. It was incredible how it was
built since they didn’t use any cement. Talk about engineering.
From
there we finished the next two and a half hours to Carcassonne, which was
pretty lame looking when we first got there. We got to our hotel and dropped
off our bags, it was pretty nice, even if I got stuck on the bottom half of a
trundle bed with Sammy. My mom said that Rick Steve had recommended a restraint
so my dad to a quick look at it and took the lead. We turned a corner and this
huge castle came into view. We walked inside and entered a crowded little
cobbled street with little souveneir shops on both sides.
We
walked down a little side road and my dad just kept on walking. I was kind of
confused but I kept following him. We reached this little dead end with a
little outdoor resturaunt at the end. We got a table and sat down. My mom got a
bottle of wine for her and aunt Ticky and everyone else water. He let me get a
steak, which was awesome, because all the beef is grass fed in France. We got
the wine and we got our dinners and things just went up from there. My steak
was incredible, but unfortuanetly I didn’t get a picture. My dad gave Jabba a
sip of wine and he got this big Jabba smile and started to ask for more. He let
me have some because its legal there J and it was really good. My Dad
gave up being a vegetarian and ate some of my steak and my mom’s lamb. We got
our dessert, I did get a pic of that, and I got this incredible chocolate cake
with whip crème surrounded by a design of dark and white chocolate. We got lost
going home and we had to walk around the outskirts of the entire castle before
we found the way home, so much for the iPhone’s maps.
The next day we
just toured the castle. We walked on the ramparts, which had some really nice
views, and around the inside. My dad let me try to climb a castle wall because
I said I could, I’m trying to be more optimistic with my life because I find it
helps me to be a better person, I failed epically. We stopped at a nice little
resturaunt that was tucked away in a nice little corner. And I had a
HAMBURGER!!! Monumental moment. We went home and I swam in the freezing indoor
pool? This made no sense to me why an indoor pool would be so cold that no one
wanted to get in. then my dad and I went on an hour-long expedition to get some
food and I spent twenty minutes trying to find a bathroom. We had pasta for
dinner and all was well. I owed my dad 150 push-ups and did them all for a four
inch long éclair, Carlos, Mr. Miller
would be proud.
I woke up this
morning to find out that Sammy had rolled off the top of the trundle and landed
on me. Never the less after five minutes of her calling me a “stupid dummy” the
day started good, I had chocolate and pasta for breakfast and then walked a
mile and a half to the train station were I got on the train I am now on.
This is Jake
Sully, signing out.
This quite interesting. Full of new twists in Paley life. Can't believe Sammy called you "a stupid dummy"!!
ReplyDeleteLove
Gtandma K
I love it.
ReplyDelete